Refer to Galations 5:13-24.
Galatians 5:14 says:
- (KJV) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- (AMP) For the whole law (concerning human relationships) is complied within the one precept, you shall love your neighbor as (you do) yourself.
- (CEV) All that the Law says can be summed up in the command to love others as much as you love yourself.
- (MSG) For everything we know about God's Word is summed up in a single sentence: love others as you love yourself. That's an act of true freedom.
TRUE LOVE AND TRUE LIBERTY REQUIRES LOVING AND FORGIVING OTHERS AND OURSELVES AND SHOWING MERCY TO OTHERS AND OURSELVES.
Leviticus 19:18 says:
- (AMP) “You shall not take revenge or bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I AM the Lord.”
This means loving your neighbor in the same way or as much as you love yourself, with the focus on not holding bitterness or grudges. Bitterness, grudges and revenge is all a result of unforgiveness in our heart. This would also apply to ourself, if we are to love others in the same way we love ourself, without bitterness- this means we cannot hold bitterness, grudges and unforgiveness toward ourself either.
Loving yourself doesn't mean to worship yourself and make yourself higher than what you are, but it also doesn't mean self hatred. Both exalting yourself and hating yourself are satanic.
If you cannot choose to forgive yourself and act on it, you are not receiving God's forgiveness for yourself or the work Jesus did on the cross, when He died for all of our sins (past, present and future).
THE MOST EXPLICIT EXAMPLE OF THE IMPORTANCE OF CHOOSING TO FORGIVE YOURSELF AND RECEIVING GOD'S FORGIVENESS FOR YOURSELF IS:
1) It can lead to Suicide and/or the thoughts thereof: the act of taking your own life.
Everyone that I know of that has either considered suicide (including myself), wrote a suicide letter or actually accomplished suicide have all admitted that they could not live with their self anymore- which means that they couldn't forgive their self for the things in their life, nor receive forgiveness.
Suicide is rarely or never a result of hatred toward others, it is a result of self hatred, without even seriously considering others. It is the result of deception into thinking the world would be better off without them. Self hatred is a result of not choosing to forgive ourself. We must choose to forgive ourself, just like we must choose to forgive others. We do this by receiving God's love and forgiveness for ourself and others.
2) It can lead to Depression: which is anger turned inward toward yourself.
The spirit of anger is the result of bitterness held inside, whether it is directed toward yourself or someone else.
Self-pity is another road to depression and self-pity is idolatry.
And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. John 8:32/AMP
Father, in Jesus' Name, I ask that you forgive me of my sins, forgive me for hating myself. I choose to forgive all of those that have hurt me, offended me, betrayed me in any way. I choose to love them and bless them and not curse them. I accept and receive Your love and forgiveness for me. I choose to forgive myself for all of the times I have grieved Your Holy Spirit. I choose to forgive myself for all of the mistakes I have made in my life and for all of those that I have hurt, offended and betrayed. Live Your life through me, Jesus and help me to be more like You. Lead me to confront others for restoration and healing of relationships, in Your perfect timing. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.
Copyright © 2008 - 2020 Eagles Restoration Ministries - All Rights Reserved.